Marachekku Oil / Chekku Ennai / Cold Pressed Oil in Tamilnadu – A detailed analysis and case study
This is an exclusive blog to discuss about Cold Pressed oils / Marachekku Ennai. As this product is increasingly getting popular in India, we wanted to create some awareness to the people, so they can decide on what to buy. With thousands manufactures and retailers in this industry, we would like to give you complete insights about the Chekku Ennai | Cold Pressed Oil | Marachekku Ennai | Marachekku Oil | Chekku Oil | Wood Pressed Oil. From the name of the website you can understand that we focus only the Tamilnadu market in this blog, however in future we will try to cover all metros & major cities in India.
- What is Cold Pressed Oil / Marachekku Ennai / Marachekku Oil / Chekku Oil / Chekku Ennai / Wood Pressed Oil / Chekku Ennai?
- What is the difference between Marachekku Ennai & Expeller Pressed Oil?
- What is the difference between Cold Pressed Oil & Wood Pressed Oil?
- What is the difference between Marachekku Ennai and Organic Cold Pressed Oil?
- What the advantages of Cold Pressed Oil / Marachekku Ennai / Marachekku Oil / Chekku Oil / Chekku Ennai / Wood Pressed Oil?
- What is the difference between refined oil and chekku oil?
- How is hygiene maintained in these local shops?
- What is a blended oil?
- Who are the market players in Cold Pressed Oil / Marachekku Ennai / Marachekku Oil / Chekku Oil / Chekku Ennai / Wood Pressed Oil?
- Is there additional benefit in using bullock driven Chekku Ennai?
- What precautions should I take so that I am not mislead?
- If I am in a remote location, can I buy?
- Should I check for a lab certificated Cold Pressed Oil / Chekku Ennai?
What is Cold Pressed Oil?
Cold pressed oil / Chekku Ennai the most discussed oil now a days among the different types of oil we use in our daily life.The experts have noticed that Cold pressed oil / Chekku Ennai is a healthy alternative oil which we can use in our cooking. These Cold pressed oil / Chekku Ennai are very good and healthy for our body as they are cholesterol free and are unprocessed or unrefined oil which does not contain any harmful substances. They are natural antioxidants which are healthy for our body. But have you ever thought what this Cold pressed oil / Chekku Ennai is? How they are made? How it differs from the refined oil which we use in our daily cooking? Can be it a healthy substitute for our cooking oil? If these are the questions that comes into your mind, here we help you to answer these for you.
It’s the old fashioned “Chekku Ennai”!
The humble ‘chekku ennai’ or cold-pressed oil makes a comeback. Cold pressed oil / Chekku Ennai is the oil which is extracted from seeds, fruits or vegetables or even nuts by crushing their seeds or nuts. Then extract the oil through pressure without using heat. If you use the heat to extract the oil it may worsen the oil’s flavor and nutritional quality. These kinds of oils do not mix well with heat and that is why they are not extracted through heating techniques. Oil seeds like sesame seed, sunflower seeds, coconut or mustard etc., are crushed and extracted oil from it. We just have to re-invent the wheel — the wooden mill that was used in ancient times. Wood absorbs heat and maintains atmospheric temperature in oil extraction.